In honor of my Mother, Betty, who taught all of her 6 children
to love reading and writing at an early age.
The Betty Award has both
a Spring & Fall
Enter now for the
Fall 2017 contest! The
for the Fall entries
October 7, 2017.
AND THE SPRING 2017 WINNERS ARE …
First Place: Katelyn LeBlanc, Age 12
West Quaco, NB
Second Place: Jacqueline Schmeizl, Age 11
Third Place: Teddy Schweidel, Age 9
I Need A Dog!
Honorable Mention: Helen Sofie Rodriguez, Age 10
Coral Gables, FL
Honorable Mention: Raelle Tiong, Age 8
How to Enter the Writing Contest:
Simply download The
Betty Award Entry Form, type your story and mail it to us with
the Reading Fee.
Deadline for Fall 2017 Entries:
All entries must be postmarked no later than October 7, 2017. Winners will
be notified by November 15, 2017.
Winning Fall 2017 entries will be published on this website
after November 15, 2017.
There is a $15 US reading fee per story.
Please make check or money order payable to
The Betty Award.
- Stories must be submitted on the attached form.
- Entries must be typed and in English.
- Maximum story length is 1000 words.
- Contest is open to all children, worldwide, ages 8-12.
- Entries must be the original unpublished work of the child entering the contest.
- Stories will not be returned.
- More than one entry per child is allowed (be sure to include the
$15 reading fee for each story submitted).
- Entries are automatically disqualified if a reading fee check is
returned for insufficient funds.
- Please do not staple checks to the story or entry form.
- Please do not send entries in over-sized envelopes.
Mail Entries & Reading Fee To:
The Betty Award
P.O. Box 1826
Oak Park, IL 60304
Many thanks to Public Communications, Inc. who assisted with the judging of the Spring 2017 contest.